Friday, February 5, 2010

Together and Alone

Hi CB,

Thanks for your comments! In mentioning the individual, I was referring to this Calvinistic, capitalistic idea of pulling oneself up by one's bootstraps, the self-made man, etc.

I am not comfortable with this idea of braving and conquering the frontier, the unknown, alone. I am not too hot on the conquering part either really, but I do not believe that is ever the truth. It would seem that in every case of someone being "self-made" there were those unnamed exploited people under their boot heels.

So, yes of course individual experience is important, whether for oneself, or to share. In this case, I felt that change can better be made through sharing our angels and demons. But don't hold me to it....I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow!!

Again, thank you for being part of the conversation.